Terms & Conditions
ACADEMIC YEAR 2019/20
Student Accommodation Terms & Conditions
- Each on-line application will be "approved". This is not a confirmed booking, rather it is an acknowledgement that an application has been made.
- If we have availability, we will follow this up with another email which will state that a room has been reserved for two (2) working days, to allow payment of a €300.00 booking deposit.
- If the deposit is not received within this time span, the provisional reservation will be cancelled.
- If all places are filled in the interim, Seven North Mall student accommodation is not obliged to provide accommodation.
- Applications are processed on a strictly "first come, first served" basis.
- Please note that this is an application for accommodation and not a contractual agreement. Seven North Mall student accommodations acting through its management reserves the right to decline an application.
- Should a tenant vacate the room before the termination date, rent will only be refunded if the room is re-let.
- Any student who takes up residence and for whatever reason subsequently vacates their room will not be refunded their deposit. The balance of their rent will be refunded as soon as the room is re-let to another student. The likelihood of re-selling the room diminishes after the start of each term as most students have already sourced accommodation. In the event that the room is not re-let then the rent is not refunded. All contracts that are broken will be subject to the deposit of €300 being held.
- All choices here are preferences, they are not guarantees. We will endeavour to provide you with your preference however this may not always be possible, i.e. we do not guarantee who your apartment mates will be.
- Any student who is in "twin room" accommodation must accept that Management reserves the right to refill any vacant beds as they see fit.
- Please note that if a student is over 18 the contract is between the student and Seven North Mall and not between the parent or guardian and Seven North Mall. In relation to any issues arising the student must make contact with Seven North Mall rather than asking their parent or guardian to do so.
- If a student is under 18 then the contract must be signed by a parent or guardian. If there are any issues arising then Seven North Mall will involve the parent/guardian in all discussions.
- Keys will not be issued to any student who has not supplied all required information prior to arrival. In addition all relevant rent and utilities must be paid before keys can be issued.
- Applications: Incoming First Years 19/20:
Applications are accepted for the entire occupancy period only. Should a tenant vacate the room before the termination date, rent will only be refunded if the room is re-let.
- Any student who takes up residence and is subsequently offered a 2nd round/3rd round offer in another University will not be refunded their deposit. The balance of their rent will be refunded as soon as the room is re-let to another student. In the event that the room is not re-let then the rent is not refunded.
- Cancellation/Confirmation: Incoming First Years 19/20:
Cancellation or confirmation of your booking is required by 5.00 pm on August 24th 2019 for €250.00 refund of deposit. Cancellation after 5.00 pm on 24th August 2019 results in the total loss of the booking deposit. Cancellation/confirmation of booking must be emailed to email@example.com
- Contract for Accommodation: Incoming First Years 19/20:
An invoice will be issued electronically from 24th August 2019. The outstanding rent and deposits must be paid by August 25th 2019. If paying in three instalments the payment dates are August 25th 2019, 8th November 2019 and 7th February 2020. The final legal contract must be signed in person at Reception upon check-in. All relevant rent and utilities must be paid before keys can be issued. If monies have not been received, Seven North Mall reserves the right to invalidate the application.
- FULL YEAR INTERNATIONAL, POSTGRADUATE AND NON FIRST YEAR UNDERGRADUATES
Applications are accepted for the following periods:
Full Academic year: 31st August 2019 - 16th May 2020. (37 weeks)
Autumn Semester: 31st August 2019 – 4th January 2020 (18 weeks)
Spring Semester: 4th January 2020 – 16th May 2020. (19 weeks)
- 19. Other Students:
Cancellation or Confirmation of the booking must be made by 5.00 pm on 27th July 2019 for €250.00 refund of deposit. Cancelling after 5.00 pm on 27th July 2018 results in the total loss of the booking fee. Cancellation/confirmation of booking must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The outstanding rent and deposits must be paid by 5.00 pm on 4th August 2019. If paying in three instalments the payment dates are August 4th 2019, 8th November 2019 and 7th February 2020. The final legal contract must be signed in person at Reception upon check-in.
- If monies have not been received, Seven North Mall reserves the right to invalidate the application.
METHOD OF PAYMENT
Payments may be made by cash (by arrangement with the management), cheque/bank draft or by credit transfer. Cheques/bank drafts should be made payable to Seven North Mall. Bank payment details can be had on application to this office. The postal address for all correspondence is: Accommodation Manager, Seven North Mall, North Mall, Cork City.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
Information on this application form is for the information of applicants, and may be subject to change. It does not constitute a contract or part thereof between Seven North Mall student accommodation and a student. If you have any queries about these terms and conditions please email us at email@example.com.
PLEASE PRINT A COPY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR YOUR INFORMATION.